Sunday, March 31, 2019

Vagabond

My Dad came over and took me to a shopping centre.  We went to Starbucks where I had a mocha and a stack of pancakes, then we looked around on our own.  I bought a five year diary and a couple of books:  An Inspector Calls and Other Plays by J.B. Priestley and The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins.

Dad and I went back to my parent's house.  I gave my Mom her Mother's Day present and card.  I drew a picture of a cat in  her card, and she seemed to really like it.  For lunch we had a selection of Indian food.

Dad took me back home.  This evening I watched the movie Vagabond, directed by Agnes Varda, who died on Friday at the age of 90.  It's a bleak and disturbing film which opens with the discovery of a young drifter (played by Sandrine Bonnaire) dead in a ditch, and then details her last days wandering through wintery rural France.  It's a bleak, grim and powerful film.

I finished reading the book Mindhunter:  Inside the FBI Elite Serial Crime Unit by John Douglas and Mark Olshaker, which was really good, and genuinely quite suspenseful and gripping.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home